Monday, April 30, 2012

Tired of being the entertainment director

  I head out to the yard and start 'playing'. Kids too. No problem. If I quit, the kids will too. If someone is not with them they quit. Within minutes, both will drift back in and sit their ass in front of the TV.
  I have two kids like this and I don't understand. They always have to have something entertaining them. Something electronic. No thinking. They don't know how to find things to do. I got one who won't go outside because there are no other kids out. What? (I picture other kids, sitting in their house, saying the same thing.) And they act like sitting in front of whatever device is a right. A right?  And if I want them to do anything else, I had better provide it. Screw that!
 READ A FREAKING BOOK! Go outside. Go fishing. Ride a bike. Draw. PLAY! Anything.


(If you don't, I am gonna severely restrict the internet access in this house. I am under no obligation to provide it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment