Friday, April 27, 2012

Do Gooders

“I’ve come to believe that Take Your Daughters And Sons to Work Day is largely a feel-good exercise for the privileged,” she wrote.




   I completely believe that a number of charities have come to this.(see earlier post) Personally, when I hear 'Silent Auction' at a fund raiser I just know it is rich people at Giovani's or Cliffbreakers trying to ease their guilt. Events at a cpl hundred dollars a plate does not equate to charity work. And they need to quit acting like it. Time AND money are needed. And I really believe the money is the least important of the two. 
   I got a suggestion. Bring your money and your body straight down to the church or food bank  or where ever and just jump right in! Quit enabling the Do Gooders.


http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/26/11394879-as-times-change-so-do-attitudes-about-taking-kids-to-work?lite

1 comment: