Sunday, February 12, 2012

Think smoking laws.

“It’s difficult if you represent an alleged terrorist or a pedophile, because people don’t really care about the rights [including privacy rights] for these type of people,” Steir said. “But once we erode the rights of a group of people we don’t like, we effectively have started down a path where other people’s rights can be similarly denied.”


  I am not suggesting that smokers are as bad as terrorists or pedophiles although sometimes I have felt like I am being treated that way. The quote is to make a point. 
  My point here is those pesky rights. You HAVE to give them even if in doing so makes you sick cause you sure as hell are gonna want them if you are ever accused or some people decide what you like is not to be. There are lots of things and ways stuff are done that I don't like and I could care less about those people.(Tax soda to death, I don't drink it so I don't care. lol like my cigarettes) Screw em, do whatever, I don't care. NOT.
   I have to allow them so that I am protected also. I will stand up for their right to be a dickhead. I have to. That is what this country is all about. And with that, I should expect them to stand up for mine. The majority may rule but that same majority have to protect the rights of the minority no matter how distasteful it may be. It could be you.
  




Read the full article containing quote here   http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/12/10386205-200-priests-suspected-of-abuse-living-in-california-victims-lawyer-says
  

No comments:

Post a Comment