Sunday, February 5, 2012

FB

  I have never liked Facebook. No surprise, to anyone who knows me. Way to personal for me. I ain't talking about addresses or names, or maybe where you work. I am talking about the 'personal' things. Not like a perv or weirdo things altho some have those to. lol  There was an episode on Seinfeld where George is upset that his two worlds were gonna collide. Relationship George and regular George. That's how I feel. There is husband Tad, Tad the dad, working Tad, Tad who plays,and others too. And that doesn't even count the people always talking to me in my head! hahah  Some of these Tad's should not be together. Playing Tad might get working Tad fired or working Tad could be a real bore at the park. This Tad wouldn't show that photo album to Tad's mom. 
   "Shaun Saunders, CEO, GraffitiPR: It makes you unproductive, fries your brain, ruins relationships, makes you say and do things in an open source environment that you wouldn't normally say or do. What good are you to Procter & Gamble if any of above things are an issue?"
  All of these Tad's together at the same time would be a real screw up. Some of my worlds just should not be together. We all have our own little worlds. You know what I am talking about.
    But that is what Facebook does! Throws all those Tad's into the same pot and that can't be. So I have stayed away. People have thought I was a little nuts about it. But after seeing some of the trouble people have gotten into I don't regret my choice. Now there is some proof that FB may be sliding.(Can you still get into your Myspace acct? lol)
   "3. Matthew Crowe, Founder/CEO, Ahhha.com: It's time is short-lived. It provides no "real" value and while Zuck claims to bring people "together" on FB, it in fact is making people less and less connected in actuality."
   Facebook has become more and more childish. I know one guy who creates female profiles to make his girlfriend jealous. I know of people who keep up with exes and then sit around mad. I know of one person who posts every picture of her cat that she ever took. I don't even know what to say about Farmville. It all just seems so petty.
 Well, I have never been able to convince people about the 'evils' of FB. haha I figured I would just wait and see. More and more people are starting to say the same thing. I know FB is a lot of fun for a lot of people so it is not all bad. It has it's good points. We just don't know how all this 'openness' is going to effect society as a whole. It seems to be slowing down. I am glad. I am tired of hearing about Facebook.
 

Here is the link to the article containing the quotes above. There is also numbers showing the slowdown. Not only less people signing up but spending more to get them to sign up. http://www.wrex.com/story/16669649/10-reasons-not-to-invest-in-facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment