Sunday, June 10, 2012

NYT: Prescription pills abused for better grades - Health - The New York Times - msnbc.com

  Once again, 'legal' drugs. Don't get me wrong here, many drugs are wonderful and have been a savior for humans everywhere, but just because a doctor or any other so called expert says it is ok does not necessarily make it a good thing. I fail to understand how we can listen to experts telling us the danger of drugs and then writing prescriptions for other more dangerous drugs and we just say ok. They know more than us so it must be ok? These same people to whom it is a real possibility that they used drugs to get the degree? (going by the article) When I was a drunk the best advice I had for life's challenges was another drink. Gave that advice to anybody. My stupid brain thought that. For some people that advice is fine and won't be a problem. But for a lot of people that is the worst thing I could say. But I was convinced I was right. I am a smart guy and an expert at drinking so I must be right, yes? If you know how silly that sounds, why do you just take your doctors word? They are human too, after all.
   So go ahead and freak out over a little pot and a drink or two. Watch your children all the time. No sex and god help them when the are a little late for curfew. Really clamp down when their grades are low. Don't let them be kids. They have to learn to be good adults. And if that kid does not live up to your standards, drug em. Sorry, medicate em. They will understand. Rehab will explain it.
 




NYT: Prescription pills abused for better grades - Health - The New York Times - msnbc.com:

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment